Getting Started & Support
Thank you very much for your interest in Solariver's solar water pumps and kits.
Solariver products are designed for quick and easy setup and reliable long-term use, but sometimes customers have a little trouble getting started. Not to worry, we’re here to help. If you’ve tried the solutions below and are still stuck, feel free to get in touch with us Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm EST.
Getting Started - Quick Start Guide
- First, submerge pump in water. The pump will not* run if it is plugged in and then put underwater, it needs to be underwater first.
- Next, connect the pump to the solar panel by matching up the flat sides of the two connectors. Pump will not work if not correctly connected.
- Place solar panel in full sun. The solar pump will work when it is cloudy, but not when shade is created by solid objects such as your person, buildings, branches, leaves or shadows covering the panel.
- Assemble extension tubes and select nozzle. See the instruction manual for further details for your project and application. Have fun testing the different attachments!
Download the quick start guide (.pdf) or watch the video below for more details.
Troubleshooting Guide for 12W, 20W, AND 70W SOLAR PUMPS AND PUMP KITS
If you have set up your pump and it doesn't start running please follow these easy steps:
Confirm your solar panel is placed in full sunshine. It will work through clouds, but not shade, so make sure there are no obstructions like branches, leaves or shadows covering the panel. Note that thick cloud cover may reduce the power of the pump as the clouds pass over, but it will resume when the sky clears.
Solariver solar water pumps are equipped with dry-run protection to protect the pump from burning out if it is not completely submerged.
The pump will not run if it is plugged in and then put underwater, it needs to be underwater first.
If the pump is not running, try unplugging the pump from the solar panel cord and placing the pump underwater first. Give it 15 seconds of submersion and then plug it back into the solar panel. This will reset the dry run sensors. It should start pumping.
Then please double confirm the cord is connected properly. This can be tricky at times. There is a flat side to the connectors that needs to be matched up. If they are not matched up the pump won't receive power from the solar panel.
Also make sure the waterproof connector is tight, if water gets in there it can stop the pump, in that case it just needs to dry out completely.
The 12W and 20W kits feature a variable flow dial on the front of the pump. This dial, when turned to Min will completely shut off water flow, make sure to turn this dial towards Max to increase flow.
Confirm the filter is clean and the inside of the pump is clear. Debris in the pump or in the filter will reduce/stop the pump from doing its job.
- If the pump still isn't working after trying the above, please place your hand on the pump while it is underwater and plugged in and to identify whether it is a) running and not pumping or b) it is not running at all. In either case, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can go from there.
How-To Clean Your Solar Water Pump (12W and 20W)
My pump stopped working, or seems to be weaker and pumping less water.
The pump may become clogged with debris if the pool or pond is dirty. It's advisable to open up the pump and clean the small mesh filter inside and confirm there are no obstructions in the pump. Also, on the 12W and 20W solar pump kits make sure the variable flow dial is turned towards Max.
I connected my pump and panel system, but it isn't working. What should I do?
Ensure the solar panel is in full sunlight. If it is then check the connection between pump and panel. The positive and negative terminals must be properly aligned. You can check this by making sure both flat edges of the connectors are flush. Last, check the filter to be sure it's not clogged.
We love hearing from you and seeing all the amazing and unique ways you’re using Solariver products, please feel free to share them with us by tagging @solariverusa on Facebook, Instagram or submitting through our contact us form.